- Work from home
- Be career-ready in as little as 4 months
- Train to earn an average of $42,000/yr
- All for only $2,795 USD
Get a FREE iPad or Kindle Fire in December!Enroll Online »
Medical Transcription and Editing Training
Why Should I Choose Career Step's Program?
Career Step has been training some of the best medical transcriptionists for over 20 years. Our training can be trusted to prepare you for the workforce because we offer:
- Employer-trusted training – We've worked closely with employers to make sure our training course helps you gain exactly the skills they're looking for.
- Experienced instructors – Career Step's instructors have years of experience working professionally as medical transcriptionists, and you'll have one-on-one access to them by phone, email, and chat.
- Practical experience – There's no better way to learn than by doing. Career Step's training program includes hundreds of real medical records provided by employers so you're learning on files just like those you'll encounter in the workplace.
Our mission at Career Step is to help you gain the skills you need to get a job and succeed in a new career. Join the thousands of students who trust Career Step and start working toward your rewarding new career today!
How Long Will It Take Me to Graduate?
Career Step's Medical Transcription Editor program includes 640 hours of curriculum and is designed to be completed in about 4 months of full-time study. However, most students work on the training part time and finish in 6-9 months. To ensure you have the time you need, we provide you 12 months of online course access so you can study at the pace that fits your life.
What Will This Training Program Teach Me?
To ensure you have the skills you need to get a job, the program will cover:
- Typing skills
- Medical terminology
- Grammar and punctuation
- Anatomy and pharmacology
- Medical record types and formats
- Productivity tips
After working through the first half of the program and building a solid knowledge foundation, you'll move to the practical experience part of the program, or the practicum. This section includes hundreds of authentic doctor dictations and speech recognition generated reports, provided to Career Step by the same employers who hire our graduates. This hands-on experience helps you develop and practice the skills you'll need to get hired and succeed in the workforce.
For more information on what is included in the training program, download the program syllabus:
- "Career Step exceeded my expectations for an online course. Very user friendly. The information was very clear and concise. The entire experience was positive and I would recommend it to anyone looking to take an online course in medical transcription. Thank you Career Step for preparing me to enter the MT workforce." Read More Testimonials »