- Prepare for the future of healthcare
- Be career-ready in as little as 3 months
- Train to earn an average of $37,000/yr
- All for only $2,799 USD
Free laptop or up to $500 off ends Apr. 28!Enroll Online »
Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR Job Description
What Does a Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR Expertise Do?
Medical administrative assistants can be found in a variety of healthcare facilities because they keep the business on track while others see to the clinical needs of patients. Your specific job responsibilities would depend on your employer, but medical administrative assistants often handle:
- Creating and updating patients' electronic health records
- Managing the day-to-day operations of a medical facility
- Scheduling and coordinating appointments
- Verifying patient insurance
- Completing and submitting insurance forms
- Preparing correspondence between medical providers and their patients
- Providing quality customer service to patients
Medical administrative assistants generally work in a professional environment in physicians’ office, hospitals, clinics, etc.
How Much Do Medical Administrative Assistants Earn?
Working in Canada reports that, on average, medical administrative assistants earn between $12.50 and $25.62 an hour. For more information on average medical administrative assistant wages in your specific region, visit the Working in Canada website. You may also qualify for benefits as a medical administrative assistant.
Career Step's Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR course helps you gain the knowledge and skills you need to maximize your job opportunities and earning potential by preparing you to earn the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) and Certified Electronic Health Record Specialist (CEHRS) credentials. These credentials prove to employers that you have the skills they’re looking for, and you'll be prepared to sit for the certification exams upon graduation. The program even includes vouchers to take the exams upon graduation (a $210 value)!
A certificate program is a quick, affordable way to learn job skills that can make the difference between wishing you could get a new job and starting a rewarding new career.
The electronic health record industry expects over 180,000 new jobs in the next few years. Find out if this is the career for you!
Make an online program work for you! Check out our 5 student-tested study tips for staying motivated and productive as an online student.
- "This program was very clear and easy to follow. Also, the flexibility allowed me to study around my life with 4 children. I would recommend this program to others." Read More Testimonials »
- "Taking the Career Step course was very exciting for me. I had not been in school for quite a number of years. The assistance, thoughtfulness and understanding from the instructors and support people were second to none. It is a very detailed, professional course." Read More Testimonials »